Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I still have an inside baby

Bugs lungs were not even close to ready. I'm sad that her lungs aren't ready yet, but I'm glad she gets more time to cook (b/c that's what she needs). I'm very ok with her still being inside.

The amnio was not pleasant. It was decided that the best spot was way up at the top of my stomach/uterus to get a sample, BUT the placenta is in the way, so the needle had to go through it. The needle going in wasn't bad, but Norah decided to try and kick the needle, so for 10 minutes there was a whole lotta pushing and rubbing and bouncing trying to get her to move her leg away from the needle. We got a very, very small (maybe.75cc) and bloody sample so they needed to try and get fluid from another spot. Near her face. The needle didn't hurt and we were able to get a large enough sample for the test within a minutes time.
I was supposed to hang out in L&D for a quick NST, but someone didn't want to do what she's supposed to do. A 20 minute NST lasted... and lasted... and lasted... and around the 90 minute mark, I got the results from the amnio (much sooner than expected), but Norah still wasn't reacting as she should have been. An hour after that, I got the news that the blood in the sample was fetal blood so I'd have to be monitored until Thursday night to determine if she was losing blood. I was sprung around 8:30 (a half hour earlier than I was told was the earliest I'd leave - WOOT!!), and Norah had been looking great on the monitor at that point for over 6 hours.

I'm really glad we didn't HAVE to get her out. I'd have loved to meet her and hold her, but, even more than that, I love that she's inside and her lungs are still developing.

And there's the update.
BPP Monday morning and regular appointment on Wednesday. She'll be here within the next 16 days - YIKES!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment