Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

driving myself crazy

Less than 24 hours before the ultrasound and fetal echo appointment.

I'm terrified. I have no idea what to expect.

I have no idea (other than heart defects) as to what can cause the CH. Hasn't stopped me from making up my own scenarios though! The BEST one, imho, is that Norah only has 1 kidney and somehow that's what the "problem" is. Notice the quotes around problem? It's much more dramatic when I relay my theory in person and use air quotes and say problem in a sarcastic tone. ANYWAY, my great-grandmother had this "problem" and lived into her 80's.

However, I've learned not to expect anything when going for an ultrasound. I got myself all ready to hear that Bug had markers for Ds. While I didn't want to hear that Bug had any problems, I honestly thought the worst I'd hear was that she most likely had Ds and I was ok with that. I don't know a lot about it, but there are lots of resources available and I'd learn.
Then heard that she had a 10% chance of survival b/c of a cystic hygroma with septations. I'd never even heard of a cystic hygroma before, let alone about one with septations. I had no idea what lymphatic malformations were. I can only find bits and pieces of information about it. Less information seems to be available when septations are involved. And even less when your child is chromosomally normal with septations.
Every piece of good news is a little victory, but at the same time, it makes what she has less and less common. Count on me to have a kid with some difficult to diagnose issue! ::Waves:: Hi, over 10 YEARS of hives before anyone noticed that I had a thyroid disorder and another couple years after that before my drug allergies were discovered. Good times. Good times.

so that's that. I'm nervous. I'm excited to see Norah again, but I'm really afraid of what we'll hear. I just want to know what to expect.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment