Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm assuming I passed

I had my glucose tolerance test on Wednesday, September 1st. Nothing says 'Happy Anniversary' like drinking 8oz of sugar. I had planned to post after getting the results, but since I haven't gotten them, I'm assuming I passed. I know, I know - everyone knows what happens when you assume. Guess what, I'm assuming anyway! I had far less of a reaction this time than I did when I took the test with Jordan. I got a little nauseous and dizzy, but nothing a few deep breaths didn't take care of - with Jordan, I was a scary sight during that hour wait.

It's so strange to me that Nick & I have been married for 3 years. We have an almost 2 year old and another on the way. I don't know how this happened. I mean, I know how it happened (and if you read this, then you know how Bug came about too), but it just doesn't seem like we've even known each other long enough for it to happen.
We didn't even exchange cards, and Nick knows that's a big deal to me, but it wasn't this year. We just ran out of time. He bought me Swedish Fish though and let me nap so I guess that means he does love me. Hear that, Norah, ME. He loves ME, which is why he bought candy I like and not candy YOU make me want.

Anyway, back to my girls.
It's getting much easier to call them my girls and more and more I feel like Norah will be here in November. I'm 28w today and it's all feeling real again. All the hopes and wishes for her are coming back and seem attainable again. It's such a great feeling. I'm measuring a little big, but she "feels a little small" so at my next appointment we'll schedule a growth ultrasound. I'd really like to understand what "feeling small" means in the world of obstetrics. Jordan "felt small" too, and she weighed 9lbs 1.5oz at birth... that's not small.
Speaking of Jordan, she's just fun. Nick loves spending time with her and it shows. She's picking up random words and has an opinion on everything. Today's word was butterfly (bub-bub-bye) and she must have said it 1000 times. The other day she started kicking and whispering kick, kick, kick, kicking, kicking, kick, kick, (yell) KICK! It was so hard not to laugh at her since she was so proud of herself. She learned share and sorry last week - and she was sorry to everyone/thing she could touch for 10 minutes. The poor dog nearly lost some teeth b/c she had his jaw telling him "sorry" and kissing his muzzle.
She got new shoes recently - pink, glittery shoes. She loves them. She loves all things pink. She's such a girly-girl and a tomboy all at the same time and it works for her. I have no idea how to raise a girly-girl, but she's happy, healthy, loving, confident and limit-pushing so I must be doing something right (so far anyway).

That's about it I guess. Jordan refuses to stop growing up, Norah is growing well and Nick & I have been married (barely) over 3 years now and are still growing up.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment