Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

while the waiting is fresh

We're waiting in the family waiting room on 8 South at CHB right now.

Norah did very well with the surgery. I brought her down to the OR and was with her while she fell asleep - it was an amazing experience for me. I wish I'd asked to do it when she had her ladd's done. I think I may have asked once, but never pushed it, but honestly don't remember. I asked yesterday and again today to make sure I'd be able to see my baby fall asleep.

She went down a little before 9 and we were expecting our first update around 10:15/30 to tell us that they were starting - we got it a little after 9:30. They were cruising!
Our next update came that they'd opened her chest & she was on the heart/lung machine. We waited a little while, and then went for lunch, expecting the last update around 12:45.
At 12:15 I got a phone call telling me that she was off the bypass & they were closing! Girly did great!

We talked to the surgeon who said they found exactly what they expected, which was a huge relief. He did check out her mitral valve, which did have a small spot of thickening, but nothing that he would try to repair. The remaining (<1mm) ASD was re-opened to get a better look at her valve & to help facilitate the closing of her VSD, and then closed up.

She did great and now, I'm just waiting to see her.

HOPEFULLY, very VERY soom!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment