Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

plague is back. back again. RUN!

oh my. It's been a loooong week.

Jordan started coming down with a cold on Sunday. She had a touch of a runny nose on Saturday, but Sunday, you knew the cold was imminent. On Monday, she sounded cruddy before lunch and after nap, she couldn't pass air. I brought her straight to the pedi for a few albuterol treatments and then, we took a rescue to the hospital.

Sounds fun already, doesn't it?

Jordan did great with the rescue & getting to the hospital & even sitting in the ER until around 1am. She was a rock star & I'm so proud of my girl for being so good. It really hit her in the morning that we were still at the hospital and she woke up begging to go home - broke.my.heart.
We used her pulse ox lead as a leash whenever we went potty & she was a pretty well behaved puppy :) She let the doctors and nurses check her out (mostly) without a fight - hey, you can't blame the kid for getting a little fussy at 11pm when bedtime is typically 8 and she can't breath and yet another dr is telling her to take a deep breath. We watched rugrats on Nick's kindle, and waited and waited and waited to get the final word if she'd be spending the night & when she'd get to go to her room.

side note: BIG THANKS to the hubs for getting out of work & coming up to the pedi and then coming down to the hospital to sit with us & BIG THANKS to my Mom for watching Norah while we sat with Jordan.

One night was more than enough to spend at Hasbro - I still don't like that place. It was slightly better than the last stay, but I was irritated to be told that J has a history of asthma so many times. No, she doesn't. She had bronciolitis in March of 2011 and (as of then) wheezing and shortness of breath with a cold. They just pushed an asthma diagnosis on her, when in fact she has pneumonia, a double ear infection (I was told a couple times that her ears were clear, yet her pedi, before transfer, saw some fluid, as did I in the ER when I looked) and an enterovirus.

Norah has a cold, too, and I'm very hopeful that it doesn't turn for her. She's been a champ with it and is still just as energetic as ever. Jordan was almost keeping up with her thanks to some help from prednisolone & albuterol!

Sadly, the plague hit Nick overnight. He's miserable, but trying to make the best of it.

So there's the update. I'm buying some stock in kleenex & charmin & Yellow Tail.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment