Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

echo update

I was a little busy tearing up my house for new carpeting yesterday to update when we got home.

Dr. Carpenter is "delighted" at Norah's development. I think that's his favorite word - he said it at least 6 times during my scan. He also said that based on what he saw in May, he never expected to see a healthy, developing baby in July. I think that really hit home for Nick and helped him to understand why I was so hesitant to be overly hopeful.
The only thing that could be seen was a teeny-tiny pocket of fluid near her heart. IF I were any other patient and they weren't looking for problems, they'd think nothing of it and probably wouldn't even make a note of it.
And so, based on everything they've seen at the last u/s in June and the one yesterday...
I'm not longer considered high-risk by the MFM!

Norah's hb was 128 and she's estimated to weigh about 1lb3oz. Apparently, I grow 'em big. We did get to see her on the 3d u/s a couple times and the first time (no there isn't a picture) she looked just like Jordan. JUST LIKE HER. The other times we saw her (when we did get pictures) she had her arms crossed over her face. Silly baby thinks she's allowed to be shy... she has so much to learn!




Photobucket

1 comment: