Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

life is always getting my blogging way.

And really, not much has been going on. Just everyday life. It's pretty amazing though :)

I love watching the girls grow and learn everyday. It's such a gift that I get to be home with them to see that. I'm not trying to knock daycare or nannies - I did both, and honestly, this was my favorite part of those jobs too. I LOVE seeing the look of wonder on a kids face when they learn something new. Or watching something just "click".

Norah's been getting rice cereal for a couple weeks now. I started prunes with her the other day b/c she's (as ALWAYS) backed up (and, let's be completely honest here - I'd already given her 2 suppositories within a few days before I started the prunes, and I hate giving them to her b/c I don't want her to need to rely on them). So we started prunes. The first day she was like a fish out of water. It was like she forgot how to eat from a spoon. I'm not saying she was a pro to begin with, but she was getting pretty good at it and suddenly, she was worse than she'd ever been. Then, day 2 of prunes, halfway through her feeding, it clicked. She started eating just like it was only rice and you could just see her put it together. She could eat the prunes just like rice, and she was so proud of herself.

Jordan is remembering her books more and more. She loves to read and being read to and now she's telling the stories. It's so cool to ask her to sing Snuggle Puppy and she does, or to start singing it for her when she asks and then she finishes it.

She got to give Norah a bite of her banana the other day and it made her week. She was so sad telling her, "no Norah, you baby, no food" and then she'd just look at me with these sad puppy-dog eyes and i said ok. I knew she wouldn't get much, and she didn't, the banana barely grazed her gums (and that was b/c Norah wanted it and kept trying to get more) and Jordan was so, so happy to feed her sister real, big girl food. *that's also the day we started prunes. I'm completely paranoid about starting more than 1 food at a time, so my head was spinning for 2 days that I really let my toddler give my baby an extra food. hmmm... maybe I'm getting a little more laxed in my parenting with Norah. HA! That'll be the day!

that's about that. Oh, and Norah, is just under 12 pounds as of the 29th. She was 11 lbs 15oz. WOOHOO!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment