Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

oh my, oh my, oh DINOSAURS

Jordan is in love with dinosaurs, again. At first, it was just the Oh My, Oh My, Oh Dinosaurs book and it was a favorite for a long time. Slowly it faded into just another book and she couldn't care less about dinosaurs. Then. Then, she heard We Are the Dinosaurs by the Laurie Berkner Band. It's all about dinosaurs now. It's all very cute, too.

Norah is holding the course. We go to the nephrologist tomorrow and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I have no idea what the appointment is going to be like. I asked today, and no one seemed to know either. What I do know is she won't be having an ultrasound tomorrow b/c it hasn't been scheduled and all the techs are booked.
Of course, I fear this means she'll have one, be squeezed in between appointments and I will be in Worcester for a million hours.

I don't mind taking her to the doctor appointments.
I don't even mind that it takes an hour to get there and another hour to get back.
I just hate that it takes all day for an appointment.
I hate that it takes no less than 10 minutes to check in. EVERY TIME. They have her information, I should be able to hand them her blue card, my co-pay and have a seat, but nope, 10 minutes at least with the receptionist. Oh yes, that's with the receptionist and not including time spent waiting in line. There is almost always a line and receptionists complaining about the line... hmmm, maybe b/c it takes 10 minutes to check in!
I hate parking. Parking in the garage, if you can find a spot, has taken us up to 40 minutes in the past. Yeah. 40 minutes of driving around a parking garage hoping for a spot. You have to find a spot once you get in b/c the only way to get out is with a paid or validated ticket. The only way to get that is to go to the cashier or the pay machines in the lobby of the parking garage. That means parking your car, or hoping the roaming cop doesn't ticket you if you run it and leave your car running. There's always valet, which is a viable option, except it takes at least 20 minutes for your car to be brought back to you. Not such a huge deal, and it is only $5, but those 20 minutes can be (and have been) the difference between getting Norah home calmly or her having a meltdown b/c she's tired of being in her carseat or hungry, or wet, or over being all by herself in the backseat.

The snow is finally almost gone in the yard, thanks to the recent rain. I cannot wait for it to be dry enough to play outside. I'm sure the girls will love it.

That's all for now, I guess. I'm sure I'll be updating with what happens at the nephrologist within the next few days. Hopefully that's an extremely short post :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment