Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

cd13 u/s & b/w

I was not pleased with my appointments today.
I got to the hospital at 8:10, checked in at the lab and since there was a 20-30 minute wait, I went to radiology early for my 8:30 appointment.

Well.... They're running behind and suggest I go back to the lab b/c it's going to be a little while. The tech is doing an ER case right now and there is still another patient before me.

I get back to the lab at 8:15.

I wait.

There are a lot of people who have apparently never heard of the registration line. They're upset that they aren't having their b/w done b/c they never registered and the have to do that first.

There's a 500lb pregnant woman coughing up a lung. She keeps telling the nurse she's been fasting and needs to be next for her glucose test. The nurse reminds her that there are people ahead of her for the 12th time and finally tells her that fasting is not eating for at least 12 hours. You do not need to fast for a glucose test. You have not been fasting as I've seen you eating cookies from your purse since you arrived.
Way to go nurse!

There's an anorexic looking pregnant woman waiting to take her glucose test. She's done this several times. She tells the nurse who gives her the drink that she hopes she can stay clean long enough to take care of this one. Her partner looks like he's about to jump out of his skin if he doesn't take something soon. He jumps up and runs out of the waiting room, dropping a blister pack of pills in between the double doors.

It's 8:45 now, so I ask how much longer. I hate being that patient, but I do have to get back upstairs to radiology. There are still 2 people ahead of me, but they'll hold my spot and take me as soon as I get back if I want to run upstairs.

Go back to radiology. They called me 2 minutes before I got there, but were waiting for me. GREAT, now it's going to be my fault if people are late.

Quick scan reveals 1 follie. 1. Measuring at 13mm.
1 at 13.
1.

last month, with no meds, I had 1 at 15 and "lots of little ones".

I somehow failed clomid. WTF.

Back to the lab where the nurse has just called the person after me, so she tells me I'm next.

Quick blood draw, nothing special...
until the yelling.
phlebotomist: WHY DOESN'T SARAH'S STICKER SAY STAT?!
nurse: I DON'T KNOW.
phlebotomist: YOU NEED TO MAKE A NEW ONE! MAKE IT NOW!
nurse: DON'T YELL AT ME! THE ORDER DIDN'T SAY STAT.
phlebotomist: YES IT DOES! I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE IT SAYS STAT! ::looks back at me:: you're all set honey have a great day!
::storms over to the nurse waving my order::


I could not get out fast enough.
Now I wait for the phone call with the blood results.

I'm calling it now, another wasted cycle.

Photobucket

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!
got the call. Estridol is at 40, not *bad* for 1 lonely 13mm follie, but not great. I have repeat u/s & b/w on Tuesday.

Here's hoping for some growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment