Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

I'm behind... catch up time, again.

I actually might be getting more organized when it comes to catching up. might be. No promises are made that I can continue to be organized.

Wednesday, December 22
My baby, the actual infant, turned 1 month old. Holy chiz on a chisel. (if you watch iCarly, you understand)

Thursday, December 23
Belle went for blood work with Nick. She had to get 2 sticks for 3 vials of blood. I guess her blood clotted quickly or something, I don't know.

Bug had an u/s on her bladder & kidneys and her pre-op appointment. The u/s went well, I guess, I don't have any results and don't know when I'll get them since the u/s was ordered by the neonatalogist and I don't really speak with him anymore.
Then we headed over to the Memorial campus (Levine Center) for pre-op testing. What a joke. Other than seeing the anesthesiologist, it was a waste of my time and money. They took her information... and asked me all the questions on the page - including when Norah's last menses was. Seriously. Then the nurse said she didn't have to ask if she'd fallen in the last 6 months b/c she wasn't 6 months old yet. Ummm... You can ask me if my 1 month old has had a period but not if she'd fallen in the last 6 months?! I think it's far more likely that she'd have fallen (she hasn't) than had a period. just saying.
A woman told me she was beautiful, absolutely beautiful, but looked nothing like me. Then she asked if I was sure she was mine. I offered to let her see my scar. Some people need filters.


The exciting part of Thursday (ok, for Nick & I) was doing Christmas with the girls. It was our first Christmas as a family of 4, and that Nick has to work. He'll be home Christmas night, but we're spending that with my parents & brother, so we did ours early. The girls will grow up always having more than 1 Christmas, and we're still trying to figure out how we want to do that. Thankfully Santa was kind enough to drop off their gifts early while we figure it out.


and now it's
Friday, December 24th, Christmas Eve
It's just me & my girls tonight. It's the first time, since Jordan was born and in the NICU, that I haven't gone out for Christmas Eve. Well, I went to the NICU in 2008 on Christmas Eve, but didn't go to any Christmas festivities with family. I'm very happy to be spending tonight with my girls.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment