Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

my baby came home

last Thursday night (12/2) after 10 days in the NICU.

It was AWESOME!

Jordan was so excited that we brought home "our baby" and then she continued to tell me all about it with a story about our baby, her baby sissa.

I'm nervous about having her home. Not about having a baby in the house, but the "what ifs" about her gut. I've never examined poop so closely in my life. Or analyzed a cry for so long after the crying stopped. Or jumped so quickly at the start of a fuss. I want her to have surgery to get it over with and get her back home as soon as possible. I want to wait on the surgery as long as possible, but know, in my heart, sooner is better than later in this case. The sooner we get it done, the sooner I stop worrying so much (HA!) and the sooner we can stop scheduling so many appointments so far away.

I'm loving every minute of having her home though. Every fuss and squeak and diaper change. Jordy doesn't like her being away from us at all and I spend a big part of the day sitting on the couch (or floor) holding the baby while Jordan plays. The swing in the living room is a blessing b/c Norah doesn't seem to hate it and Jordan can check on her at all times w/o my having to be holding her. I don't want to complain about holding her (I love it soooooo much! She's a cuddly baby!!!), but know that if this keeps up, in 2 months we're going to have a big problem on our hands.

Belly is so excited every time she sees Bug - it just warms my heart completely.

Right now, my life is more than I could have ever hoped for.

I should probably mention Nick...
He's doing great. He's really hands on and tries so hard to do it all. He's done so much for me the last 2 weeks when I haven't been able to do anything for myself without complaint. He brought Norah in for her first well visit while I stayed with Jordan in the waiting room - his first solo pedi appointment as a father, EVER - and was so proud of himself for remembering all the details.
I love my husband more than I thought I could. I know, I've said it before, and I roll my eyes whenever some woman says she loves her husband soooo much more after she has a baby (it's the hormones, people), but I do love my him more. Just like I love the girls more every day, I seem to love him more every day... and that isn't such a bad thing in the grand scheme of it all.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment