Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I've been hiding the consult results from the blogging world.

I guess I just wanted all the information before I put it out there, in ONE place at ONE time.

I don't have all the information.

What I do have is:
she weighed 15lb 2oz on Monday & 15lbs 9.5oz on Tuesday (at the pedi).

sedation went well - very little fighting off sleep before the echo, but a whole lot of fighting it on the way home.

Her valves look good. Normal. There's possibly some narrowing, but not as severe as it tends to appear b/c of the size of her VSD and extra work that causes.
She will not need a catheter procedure before open heart surgery.

She will need open heart surgery. Soon. The size of her VSD is about 1cm long. Her entire ventricular septal wall is maybe 2.5cm long. That's a big hole.
Hopefully the surgery will be done by the middle of September.



so there it is, a simple update until I have more details and a scheduled surgery.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment