Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

kinda proud of me right now.

I put aside my feelings and was really open-minded when I talked to the new dr today.

I wasn't fond of Dr. D last week when I met her. It sent my head spinning in a million directions about what to do to change my care/Norah's care and what would be best for, ultimately, my family. I can deal with a dr I don't like if my baby is getting the best possible care and my big baby is well cared for when i can't be there.
So anyway.
I started thinking after the appointment last week, that she must have been flustered too (hopefully). She was handed a high-risk patient that she'd never met, never seen the history for, told the new patient has had xyz diagnosis, already had a CVS & genetic counseling & now a new diagnosis, oh and by the way, a rough delivery of baby 1 -- now go in and talk to her and consult with the cardiologist.
It isn't easy for me to forget that first impression, and I'm sure that's the same for many people. I've spent the week just remembering how flustered and pressured I felt at the meeting. I didn't like that she didn't hear what I was saying and that she disagreed with me or my care to date or my hopes for the remainder of my pregnancy. I tried very hard to move past it to be comfortable to talk to her today and to really be an advocate for myself and Norah and not to be the doormat I felt like last week.

Today I had a bpp and she came in to touch base with me and see if I had any questions. She seems to have taken at least a few minutes to review my history and we are (tentatively at least) on the same page. I don't hate her, I don't love her, but I *may* like her, and I am feeling more comfortable with her as my doctor. She is scheduling an induction to get me on the calendar, but (hopefully) I made it clear that I did not want to be induced unless I was progressing and was a good candidate for it. I do understand the concerns about going overdue though so I didn't argue with getting on the calendar... I just hope I go on my own before that.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment