Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

answers (some anyway)

I'm on cloud 9 right now!
Negative for Down syndrome.
Negative for trisomies 13 & 18.
Negative for Turner syndrome.
There are still other chromosomes that are being tested, but right now, things are looking up.
Our little girl had a 10% chance of survival and now has a 40-50% chance.
yep. Belle is going to have a little sister. I'm tired of surprises so I found out.
She's not out of the woods yet. There are other chromosomes and genes being checked and if those come back ok, we can opt for a microarray analysis, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. We'll have another (or several other) level 2 ultrasounds to monitor the cystic hygroma.

Nick's optimism has really helped pull me through to this point. He was the one who only asked questions about what we'd do when/after Bug was born. He refused to talk about there not being a Bug or to talk about how the odds were stacked against a live birth. He asked what happens for delivery and after birth when I couldn't see past making it to the next appointment. I love my husband, and wouldn't have been able to handle this without him.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment